Project: Lapp Rd.
Location: Clarence, N.Y.
Contractor: CATCO Contracting, Alden, N.Y.
Owner: Erie County Dept. of Highways
Engineer: Urban Engineers
Function: Bridge Abutment
Product Designation: The Kast-Block System
More economical than CIP
Use of standardized efficient Precast products
“IN STOCK” for fast delivery
High quality indoor produced Precast product – f’c: 5000 PSI
1. Project went extremely well for the first time the owner used a Segmentel Precast Bridge Abutment System. They will use the “Kast Block” System in the furure.
2. The Precast system is in stock for immediate delivery. Has been used for Wing Walls for Box Culverts, retaining wall application as well as many other applications for years.
3. A Precast footer could have been used to further decrease field installation time and help with water issues which were a problem with the CIP footers as designed.
- High quality indoor produced Precast product – f’c: 5000 PSI
- Precast Advantages: Fast Installation, More economical than CIP
- Use of standardized efficient Precast products “IN STOCK”.